Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fairly low-fat, low-calorie, low-carb recipe. It's safe for Phase 2 of the HcG / Simeons / Trudeau protocol. If you want it more natural tasting, switch out the calorie-free sweetener for sugar and the light tofu for regular tofu.
- 5 large strawberries
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (or other calorie-free sweetener)
- 1⁄4 cup lite silken soft tofu (firm works too, but the texture isn't as nice)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- Heat the oven to about 400 degrees F. Slice and hull the strawberries, then plop them in an oven-safe container, sprinkle with half of the sweetener, and place in the oven.
- Meanwhile, plop the tofu, milk, cocoa, and sugar into a food processor, and pulse to mix (there will be some flecks of tofu, ignore them for now).
- Let the strawberries cook for about 15 more minutes, checking often. Once you can see significant liquid in the bowl, remove from the oven.
- Spoon about half of the strawberries and half of the juice into the food processor, and process until smooth. Scrape into a bowl, and mix in the remaining cooked strawberries. Enjoy!