Recipe by VeganGrbicGirl
Here's a New Twist on the Classic Recipe. I found the Non-Vegan Version of this recipe while looking for healthy breakfast cereal when I stumbled upon Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli and their recipe was on the side, but it included eggs, so I modified it a little and here you go, a healthy version of a childhood classic that tastes better than the orginal (in my opinion, try it for yourself!)
- 1 cup muesli (Bob's Red Mill is the best kind)
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips (Make sure to look at ingredients labels, FYI-Ghirardelli's semi-sweet chocolate chips are Vegan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon egg substitute, powder (Bob's Red Mill is the best kind)
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Oven to 375.
- Put all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Mix until well mixed.
- Add in the Chocolate Chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Use a Tablespoon (measuring spoon) and scoop out TBSP size portions and put onto an ungreased, non-stick cookie sheet (lightly greased if not non-stick).
- Use a spoon and flatten into cookie shape (just a little).
- Bake for 10-12 Minutes.
- Take out of oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet until completely cooled (about 20 minutes).