Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Without the Tru-Food supplement, this sweet, creamy smoothie makes for about 250 calories -- the perfect addition to a balanced breakfast. With the supplement, you add protein and almost all of the essential vitamins and minerals, a particularly important factor for vegans (but recommended for everyone, of course). Tru-Food is the most cost-friendly all-in-one vegan supplement I have been able to find so far, and while its taste is somewhat grassy, it can be balanced out with the addition of some agave nectar.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1⁄4 tablespoon peanut butter
- 35 g protein powder, such as Tru-Food Vegan
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.