Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Most Vegan Cheesecakes include a crust with Graham Crackers, which have honey in them, so here's an honest-to-goodness recipe without it! Enjoy! I created this recipe one cold winter evening when I was craving a dessert from my past carno eating. This is what I came up with, I hope you enjoy it!
- 24 -26 mi-del brand ginger snaps
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery sticks, melted
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) packageof mori-nu firm silken tofu
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tofutti better-than-cream-cheese
- 3⁄4 cup blonde unprocessed unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons imitation butter flavoring
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons silk soy coffee creamer
- For your crust:.
- You will need a 6 inch spring form pan for this recipe. You will also need to lightly grease the sides of the pan.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan and then replace the ring and close tightly. Now you're ready to start your cheesecake.
- Prepare 24 - 26 Mi-Del brand Ginger Snaps by processing in your food processor until it is fine and crumbly. (Set aside).
- *Note: You don't need any sugar for the crust because the cookies already have it. This makes a delicious crust and one that goes well with the lemony goodness of the cheesecake!
- For Filling:.
- * If you don't have a microplaner, you might consider purchasing one for this recipe. The zest is very fine and adds so much more flavor than if you only have a small grater. It is worth the extra money for the flavor that you get by using this!
- Blend Cream Cheese and Tofu together first in your food processor, then add the additional ingredients, including the lemon zest, and whip until smooth and creamy, (approx 5 - 7 mins). While that is processing, make your crust.
- Crust: Add the 2 Tbsp of melted margarine to the crumbs and stir until all of the crumbs are uniform in color and coated with the Earth Balance. Pour into spring form pan and press down, making sure to also push the crust about 1/4 to 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan all the way around.
- When finished with the crust:.
- Pour the filling into the greased pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. The cake should be slightly browned on top. You can bake it for an additional 15 minutes if necessary to achieve the right brown-ness on the top.
- *Note: I use a gas oven, time varies slightly with an electric oven and if you are in the mountains, you'll need to add another 2 tsps of Tapioca flour so that it sets.
- When done:.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. When cool to the touch, transfer it to the refrigerator and continue to cool for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!