Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy Backed bean recipe that is fun and did I say easy that taste great. Enjoy
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked black beans (about 2 cans, drained & rinsed)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Heat the olive oil on the stove top over medium heat.
- While the oil is heating, chop the onion.
- Add the onion to pan and cook until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Black beans, BBQ sauce, molasses, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and ketchup.
- Stir everything to combine and bring the ingredients to a low simmer.
- Place the lid on the pan simmer about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!