This recipe came from "How it all Vegan" and it turned out beatifully. When I made this pie, I made two pie crusts in order to have enough to make a lattice for the top. It was oh so pretty! I found that the wheat flour thickens up the filling--the first time I made this pie, it was very liquidy, but still yummy. Enjoy and happy cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare apples.
- Boil water in a large pot and add apples and raisins.
- Turn down heat to medium and simmer apples and raisins for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Save 1/4 cup of water used for cooking apples for later use.
- Drain apples and place in large bowl.
- Mix apples with maple syrup, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add"applewater" and corn starch.
- Stir continuously until mixture is thick, then add to apple mix.
- Lastly, add whole wheat flour to mixture.
- Stir well and carefully.
- Pour final mixture into the pie crust and bake on 350 for 30 minutes, or until brown.