Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
These cookies are simple, fast, relatively healthy-- and vegan. We're not vegan by any means, but my 2 and 4 year-old kids love to prepare these so they have become a staple in our home! We have also tried 50% whole wheat flour / 50% white flour to satisfying results.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup almond butter
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Mix dry (first five ) ingredients together.
- 3. Separately, mix wet (last 4) ingredients together.
- 4. Combine wet mixture into dry until you achieve a consistent paste.
- 5. Form into 1-inch balls on non-stick or silicon baking sheet, spaced 2-3 inches apart.
- 6. Bake for approximately 9 minutes, or until bottoms are lightly browned; Cool on rack.