Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an old Elle magazine recipe card.
Make and share this Veal Tenderloins With Asparagus and Lime recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, small
- 6 veal cutlets, sliced from the tenderloin, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon saffron thread
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 2⁄3 cups dry white wine
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream, and use creme fraiche
- 12 green peppercorns
- Wash and peel the asparagus.
- Place in salted boiling water and cook 5-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove the asparagus from heat and drain in colander, keep warm.
- Dust veal slices on both sides with 1/2 teaspoons of the saffron, flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in the skillet.
- Add veal slices and brown evenly on both sides; about 5 minutes cooking time in all.
- Remove slices to serving platter; keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with the wine.
- Add the zest and juice of lime along with the remaining saffron.
- Bring to a boil and reduce until liquid is somewhat syrupy.
- Stir in the cream. Bring to a second boil; add the peppercorns.
- Arrange the veal slices on a serving platter and surround with the asparagus and top with the sauce.