Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From an old Elle magazine recipe card.
Make and share this Veal Tenderloins With Asparagus and Lime recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and peel the asparagus.
- Place in salted boiling water and cook 5-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove the asparagus from heat and drain in colander, keep warm.
- Dust veal slices on both sides with 1/2 teaspoons of the saffron, flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in the skillet.
- Add veal slices and brown evenly on both sides; about 5 minutes cooking time in all.
- Remove slices to serving platter; keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with the wine.
- Add the zest and juice of lime along with the remaining saffron.
- Bring to a boil and reduce until liquid is somewhat syrupy.
- Stir in the cream. Bring to a second boil; add the peppercorns.
- Arrange the veal slices on a serving platter and surround with the asparagus and top with the sauce.