Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From an old Elle magazine recipe card.
Make and share this Veal Tenderloins With Asparagus and Lime recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and peel the asparagus.
- Place in salted boiling water and cook 5-8 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove the asparagus from heat and drain in colander, keep warm.
- Dust veal slices on both sides with 1/2 teaspoons of the saffron, flour and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in the skillet.
- Add veal slices and brown evenly on both sides; about 5 minutes cooking time in all.
- Remove slices to serving platter; keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with the wine.
- Add the zest and juice of lime along with the remaining saffron.
- Bring to a boil and reduce until liquid is somewhat syrupy.
- Stir in the cream. Bring to a second boil; add the peppercorns.
- Arrange the veal slices on a serving platter and surround with the asparagus and top with the sauce.