Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
This came from Chef Gaetano at Carbones restaurant in Hartford, CT. Very rich, Very romantic!
- 20 ounces sliced veal
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 ounce parsley
- 2 ounces sherry wine
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cooked spinach
- garlic butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, eggs and parsley together.
- Dredge veal slices in flour, then dip in sour cream/egg mixture.
- Saute in oil until golden brown.
- Remove veal from pan.
- Add sherry, prosciutto and heavy cream to pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter; deglaze the pan.
- Lightly cook fresh spinach, season with black pepper and garlic butter.
- Place spinach in a casserole dish. Top with veal. Pour scallopine sauce over all.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.