Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Light Magazine and it's quickly become a family favorite. Even non-sweet potato lovers like this dish.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Pierce potatoes with a fork, and arrange in a circle on paper towels in microwave oven.
- Microwave at high 10 minutes or until tender, rearranging potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Wrap in a towel; let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel and mash potatoes.
- Combine with milk and remaining ingredients.
- Place in a 1-quart casserole; cover and microwave on medium for 7 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
Great tasting and easy to prepare. Even those who don't like sweet potatoes seem to enjoy these.
Super sweet potatoes! The vanilla is a wonderful addition. How come I never thought of it before?! I used butter buds sprinkles instead of the butter and it turned out perfectly.
Excellent. This one is going to be on my table at Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!