This is my new love. I tried a matcha latte at Teaopia tea shop and fell in love with the detox & energy of this Japanese tea. I love that the caffeine in matcha releases slowly into the blood not like caffeine in coffee so you don't get jittery unless you drink a ton without eating anything else, then maybe. Modified from a recipe found on http://www.domatcha.com
My Private Note
big gla ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, peeled slice
- 1/3 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons green tea powder (Must be matcha but F. didn't recognise, I use Matcha Superior from Teaopia)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons alcohol free vanilla (I buy ours from the health food shop)
- 1/8 cup local raw honey, to taste
- 1Blend water and almonds until very smooth.
- 2Strain through a fine sieve.
- 3Bring almond milk and spices to a boil.
- 4Boil for 5 minutes with the lid off, then simmer for 10 minutes covered.
- 5Strain into a blender (I use glass). Let the mixture cool down for a few minutes, then add the matcha powder & vanilla and blend. Add raw honey to taste. I probably use more than an 1/8 cup but do it to taste.
- 6Enjoy hot or cold. (I prefer it hot though).
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Matcha Chai Latte (Dairy Free)
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.1
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea powder