Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great for vanilla lovers whoopie pies. My kids love it and to help make it!
Make and share this Vanilla Lovers Whoopie Pies recipe from Food.com.
- preheat over to 350'F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar at medium speed till light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix till well combined. Add vanilla.
- Starting with buttermilk, alternate with flour mixture ending with buttermilk mix just till combined. (It will be a doughy consistancy).
- Drop 2 Tablespoon sized balls 2 inches apart on to a lightly greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until bottom edges are slightly golden and the center springs back when touched.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Spread a generous portion of frosting onto the bottom side of a cake and sandwich with another cake. Roll edges in sprinkles if desired.