Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great for vanilla lovers whoopie pies. My kids love it and to help make it!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- preheat over to 350'F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar at medium speed till light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix till well combined. Add vanilla.
- Starting with buttermilk, alternate with flour mixture ending with buttermilk mix just till combined. (It will be a doughy consistancy).
- Drop 2 Tablespoon sized balls 2 inches apart on to a lightly greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until bottom edges are slightly golden and the center springs back when touched.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Spread a generous portion of frosting onto the bottom side of a cake and sandwich with another cake. Roll edges in sprinkles if desired.