This recipe is great for vanilla lovers whoopie pies. My kids love it and to help make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat over to 350'F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar at medium speed till light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix till well combined. Add vanilla.
- 4Starting with buttermilk, alternate with flour mixture ending with buttermilk mix just till combined. (It will be a doughy consistancy).
- 5Drop 2 Tablespoon sized balls 2 inches apart on to a lightly greased or lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake about 15 minutes or until bottom edges are slightly golden and the center springs back when touched.
- 7Let cool slightly then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 8Spread a generous portion of frosting onto the bottom side of a cake and sandwich with another cake. Roll edges in sprinkles if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vanilla Lovers Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 592.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 58.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g