Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 mins
After dinner treat.
- Pour absinthe into a glass.
- Place sugar cube in a spoon over the glass of absinthe.
- Pour mineral water over sugar cube until cube is disolved into the absinthe.
- The color of the resulting fluid should now be a thin but milky white.
- Drink the mixture and repeat 3 or 4 times.
- Cut off your ear with a large chef's knife and send to ex-girlfriend.
- At this point, the regret should have set in.
I have never heard this drink called Van Gogh's Regret but it is truly delightful. This is the traditional way absinthe has been enjoyed since the late 1800's. If you like anise, give it a try. Also, use a spoon with holes in it to hold the sugar. Thanks for posting!!