Recipe by searsponcho
Warm up your significant other this Valentine's Day with this super easy pasta sauce. What better way to spend Valentine's Day than at home heating up your honey. Serve with a good pinot noir and a wink!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bulbs shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (go ahead and use what you are serving with the meal)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and bell peppers and cook until shallots are brown and peppers are tender - about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, red pepper and rosemary to the shallots and bell peppers and cook another couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine and remaining spices.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over pasta of your choice.
- Top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.