Recipe by morgainegeiser
Quick and simple recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Top Review by CoffeeB
This made for a nice and easy supper for DH tonight. I like the option of being able to use different pizza ingredients. I opted out of using green pepper and mushrooms and stuck with just the sausage. Thanks for a great go-to meal Morgain. Made for AURecipeswap~
- 226.79 g Italian sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 236.59 ml spaghetti sauce
- 118.29 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 118.29 ml sliced green pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 236.59 ml biscuit mix or 236.59 ml baking mix
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a greased 8 inch square baking dish. Top with mushrooms, green pepper, sausage and 1/2 cup cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, egg and milk until blended.Pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.