Recipe by grandma2969
This came from Country Living or some magazine I saw at my mother's....have not had a chance to make it yet
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup golden delicious apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 -8 ounces golden delicious apples, peeled, halved, cored, cut in 1/2-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter till smooth, gradually add sugar and beat till blended -- add eggs and vanilla, beat till blended.
- Beat in flour mixture, then sour cream -- Stir in chopped apple.set aside while preparing butterscotch caramel sauce.
- TO PREPARE SAUCE:.
- Melt butter in a 10" nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat -- add brown sugar and butterscotch morsels, stir till melted and smooth and bubbly -- about 2 minutes.
- Add apple slices and cook till golden, using tongs to turn slices.about 3 minutes per side.(there will be a lot of liquid in skillet) -- remove skillet from heat and cool for 3 minutes.
- Arrange apple slices in skillet in pattern.
- Carefully spoon batter dollops atop apple slices.
- Using an offset spatula, spread batter (batter will seem to float on apples and juices).
- Bake till golden brown -- about 30 minutes.
- Cool in skillet 10 minutes.
- Invert onto large serving platter -- serve warm.