Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook. It is so easy and so good! I served them with a little sour cream and chopped green onions!
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 medium potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour melted butter or margarine in 8x11 baking dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over melted butter.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and place cut side down over butter/cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or till tender.
Quick, easy and tasty. I added a sprinkling of garlic powder and pepper. A reviewer said they had a problem with sticking to the dish. Might I suggest using a non stick vessel. I used my non stick, oven going fry pan. A little nudge and out they came. :)
I have made this off of the original recipe which was from Epicurious and that original recipe had 1/4 stick butter melted which eliminates the need for any kind of cooking spray.. play with different spices too. I have jazzed it up with some old bay before for a low country boil, added rosemary to it etc.. It is a great recipe to play with. All the other measurements were correct.
I ate sooooo much. I'd better go have some chocolate and recover.