Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a Kraft newsletter. It's very simple, takes the 'blue box' of mac and cheese and adds just a few ingredients and steps to make it taste a bit more homemade.
- 1 (14 ounce) package Kraft macaroni and cheese (dinner, blue box)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 butter flavored crackers, crushed (like Ritz)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare Mac n Cheese dinner as directed on package.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese, the sour cream and pepper.
- Spoon into greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Combine the melted butter and cracker crumbs and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I have never liked boxed mac and cheese but this recipe changed that. The buttery garlic flavoured Ritz crackers I used, and crushed red peppers really kicked up the flavour.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe very much !!! It was creamy, cheesy and delicious !! I omitted the cracker crumbs. Thank you for the recipe !!!