Recipe by Leopardstripes
This is my family's favorite bleu cheese dressing- I have no idea where Uncle Ronnie got the recipe, but I'm glad he did. You can use any bleu cheese- my current fave is Danish Blue, but you can use any domestic or imported blue type- gorgonzola, etc.- to great effect! If you're going to use it all really quickly, you can add minced fresh parsley, too- it really boosts the flavor, but won't keep as long. (And if you can't use it up fast enough, use it in the Bleu Cheese Hot Wings recipe!)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the first three ingredients with a wire whisk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients; refrigerate for at least two hours. (Cooking time indicates refrigeration time.).
- Special note: If you freeze the bleu cheese for 24 hours prior to making this recipe, and then thaw it before using, it will incorporate into the buttermilk almost like it's melting down- it just dissolves!