Recipe by Donna Matthews
A plain and simple pesto that can be used in sauces, dressings, and other recipes. I freeze it in small portions to be used throughout the year.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, cheese, garlic and salt. Process on high until smooth; then slowly add olive oil until well blended.
- Pesto may be used immediately or frozen in small batches for future use.
- I have frozen in ice cube trays, or alternatively have used a cookie scoop to measure dollops onto waxed paper lined cookie sheets, quick frozen, then transferred the frozen dollops to a zippered freezer bag for storage.