Recipe by Queen Puff
My husband and I had the pleasure of going to Uncle Bubba's Oyster House in Savannah, Georgia, a few months ago and they served these wonderful corn muffins. I haven't made them yet but I had to post them here for safekeeping.
Top Review by JPsBarbie
These turned out beautifully. They held together and didn't crumble as corn muffins tend to. Unfortunately the family prefers a sweet corn muffin and not savory. I may make them again because the texture was so nice but maybe with a bit of sugar or even honey added.
- 1 cup self-rising yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream-style corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, salt, and cayenne, if using.
- In another bowl, beat together the vegetable oil, eggs, and sour cream until well blended.
- Stir in the corn.
- Add the corn mixture to the flour and stir until just mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden brown.
- Tip: If you can't find self-rising cornmeal, use 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons regular cornmeal plus 1 tablespoon baking powder. Increase the salt to 1 teaspoon. If you can't find the self-rising flour, use 3/ cup all-purpose flour plus 1 and 1/8 teaspoons baking powder.