Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The perfect drink for a cold cold night. From Oh she glows.
- 1 cup freshly brewed coffee (use decaf, if preferred)
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 dash fine grain sea salt
- Whisk together the coffee and coconut milk in a medium-sized pot. Bring mixture to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, whisking quickly to incorporate until no clumps remain. Whisk in maple syrup to taste and a dash of sea salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Serve immediately with vegan marshmallows and/or sugar-rimmed glasses or mugs. Store any leftovers in a glass jar in the fridge.
- Note: This hot cocoa doesn’t have a super strong coffee flavour, so if you are looking for more coffee flavour, feel free to add more as desired. I used espresso beans and made it in my French Press just like traditional pressed coffee.