Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These bars are seriously ridiculous because the are easy and SO rich. When I bring them for co-workers, they go biserk. Kids love them and grown men have been reduced to nothing but silence and eye rolling. Starts with a plain boxed brownie mix.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Prepare and bake the brownies according to box directions.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with the mini marshmallows. Return to oven for another 3 minutes or until marshmallows just start to puff up.
- Remove from oven and set aside, allow to cool off a little bit.
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in medium saucepan. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Remove from heat and add the crispie cereal, mix well.
- Drop spoonfulls of chocolate crispie mix over the marshmallows and spread across to cover the top.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Might want to refrigerate if it's warm in the house.
OMG these are soooo good and soooo rich! Made as written and they are so chocolaty and I love the marshmallow layer. Going into my Best of Cookbook! Made for Spring PAC 2014.