Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe in Chatelaine magazine. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. You could substitute chopped cashews or pecans for a cup of chocolate chips.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil. In a medium bowl, use a fork to stir flour with baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of dough and place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, placing at least 2 inches apart. Don't press down; they will spread as they bake.
- Bake in centre of oven until cookies are golden around the edges, from 8 to 10 minutes. Remove sheet to a heatproof surface and leave for 2 minutes. Then remove cookies to a rack to cool completely. Cook baking sheet or use another one and repeat with remaining dough.
- If making ahead, form dough into a thick disc and wrap well. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to a month. Cookies will keep in a covered container at room temperature up to 2 days.
delicious cookies. I added about a tsp of almond extract to half the batch.
These truly are super yummy chocolate chip cookies!!! They have a crumbly texture with lots of gooey chocolate islands inside. Mmmm, pure chocolate bliss! :) The dough was easy to work with and everything came together quite quickly. I reduced the sugar to a little under 1/4 cup in total as I felt the cookies would be sweet enough from the chocolate and only used 200g of butter. Other than that, though I stuck to the recipe and it was great! I havent made many chocolate cookie recipes and after having tried this one I doubt that I will. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing these gems with us, Little Chef!
These are fabulous gems of a cookie! I loved how simple the ingredients are and so easy to put together. They have a soft texture and baked in my oven perfectly in 9 minutes. I only received 48 cookies using a small cookie scoop. Absolultely perfect cookie - my family is still raving! Made for the New Kids on the Block Tag Game in the Cooking Games with Friends forum.