Recipe by Team Rocco
You'll never eat a regular taco shell again! So simple to make, and the taste and texture is out of this world!! Since the ingredients are minimal, it really is all about the technique. I prefer to use tongs that have the heat resistant silicone tips (not metal, they tend to break the shells). Shells come out crispy on the outside and chewy on the insdie. Fill with your favorite meat and toppings. I prefer plain old ground beef with taco seaoning, but have also made chicken. 6-8 shells works with about 1 lb. of meat (give or take, depending on how full you like your taco).
- 6 -8 reser's soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat in a 12 inch skillet.
- Once the oil is rippling, drop in the tortilla and flip immediately to ensure even coating of the oil on both sides.
- After about 30 seconds, bubbles will begin to form on the top. ( I usually break these with my tongs).
- Check the underside for desired crispiness, flip.
- Once the other side begins to brown/crisp, fold the tortilla into a taco shape, and contiue to cook for about 30 seconds longer.
- Drain on paper towels.