1/1 Photo of Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Mandy at Food.com's Note:
Why have plain old nachos when you can make them with waffle cut fries and buffalo chicken instead?! Inspired by a post at howsweeteats.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen waffle-cut sweet potato fries (I used Alexia Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries)
- 1/2 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese or 3 ounces blue cheese, if you prefer
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1Preheat oven per waffle fry package directions.
- 2Arrange waffle fries in single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet and cook according to package directions.
- 3While fries cook, shred chicken with fingers or a fork; set aside.
- 4Heat buffalo wing sauce with butter until the butter melts. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Let sit.
- 5Chop scallions and grate the cheeses; set aside.
- 6Once the fries are done, pile on the chicken and cheeses.
- 7Turn the oven to broil and place the baking pan into the broiler. (My broiler was too small for my baking sheet, so I transferred the fries to a small pizza pan before broiling.).
- 8Let cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- 9Remove, sprinkle with scallions and eat once cool enough to touch!
- 10*Servings vary: This could feed anywhere from 4-7 people as a party app, or two very hungry people for a dinner where calories don't matter!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.4
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 137.2 mg
- Sodium 453.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
waffle-cut sweet potato fries
buffalo wing sauce