Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Why have plain old nachos when you can make them with waffle cut fries and buffalo chicken instead?! Inspired by a post at howsweeteats.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) packagefrozen waffle-cut sweet potato fries (I used Alexia Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries)
- 1⁄2 rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 ounces grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces grated monterey jack pepper cheese or 3 ounces blue cheese, if you prefer
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- Preheat oven per waffle fry package directions.
- Arrange waffle fries in single layer on a foil-covered baking sheet and cook according to package directions.
- While fries cook, shred chicken with fingers or a fork; set aside.
- Heat buffalo wing sauce with butter until the butter melts. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Let sit.
- Chop scallions and grate the cheeses; set aside.
- Once the fries are done, pile on the chicken and cheeses.
- Turn the oven to broil and place the baking pan into the broiler. (My broiler was too small for my baking sheet, so I transferred the fries to a small pizza pan before broiling.).
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove, sprinkle with scallions and eat once cool enough to touch!
- *Servings vary: This could feed anywhere from 4-7 people as a party app, or two very hungry people for a dinner where calories don't matter!
Very good for a light dinner. Made my own sweet potato waffle fries but they didn't get crispy so have to try again. Otherwise was very tasty.