The sweet tangy sauce this chicken cooks in results in delicious, sweet, slightly sticky chicken that is just delicious. It may be the ugliest chicken you've ever seen (especially if you skin the chicken first, as I usually do), but it sure does taste good.I usually grab a "family pack" of select chicken parts or I use drumsticks and yank off all the skin with the help of kitchen shears. A serving is two pieces each. I originally found this in one of my favorite community cookbooks, "Enough to Feed an Army" years ago. This is my adaptation and I gave it the name "Ugly Naked" based on my method of skinning the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a 9x13" casserole sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Generously sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwaveable bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice and heat on HIGH power for about 30-45 seconds, or until butter melts and you can easily stir ingredients together- watch carefully so you don't overheat it and end up with a melted butter mess in your microwave.
- After chicken has baked for the 40 minutes, pour the honey mixture all over the chicken and bake another 10 minutes, flip chicken over, bake another 10 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked all the way through and is tender.
- Note: If you prefer your chicken"dressed," go ahead and leave the skin on.