The sweet tangy sauce this chicken cooks in results in delicious, sweet, slightly sticky chicken that is just delicious. It may be the ugliest chicken you've ever seen (especially if you skin the chicken first, as I usually do), but it sure does taste good.I usually grab a "family pack" of select chicken parts or I use drumsticks and yank off all the skin with the help of kitchen shears. A serving is two pieces each. I originally found this in one of my favorite community cookbooks, "Enough to Feed an Army" years ago. This is my adaptation and I gave it the name "Ugly Naked" based on my method of skinning the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken pieces in a 9x13" casserole sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Generously sprinkle chicken pieces with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwaveable bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice and heat on HIGH power for about 30-45 seconds, or until butter melts and you can easily stir ingredients together- watch carefully so you don't overheat it and end up with a melted butter mess in your microwave.
- After chicken has baked for the 40 minutes, pour the honey mixture all over the chicken and bake another 10 minutes, flip chicken over, bake another 10 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked all the way through and is tender.
- Note: If you prefer your chicken"dressed," go ahead and leave the skin on.
This is truly a 5 star recipe with out a doubt! This chicken tastes exactly like the Jack Daniel's Chicken recipe used by TGI Friday's, which we do love! I used freshly ground pepper, the juice of one whole large lemon (about 1/3 cup) and used a small saucepan to combine the sauce and melt the butter. I left the skin on for the cooking process and removed it for serving. This chicken very well may be "UGLY", but it SURE IS DELICIOUS!! DO NOT DISCARD this sauce!! Save it to serve with the chicken in a small dipping bowl!! I've already been told to put this recipe at the top of my list to make again!! We enjoyed this so much, Heather! Thank you so very much for sharing this recipe!!
Ugly is a truthful statement here BUT so is DELICIOUS!!!!! I was cleaning out the freezer and used the chicken I had....boneless/skinless, boned/skinless and boned with skin. Used it all and it didnt matter a bit. Managed to save 1 piece for my lunch the next day but when I went to retrieve it, DD had eaten it on a salad as a late night homework snack! This will become a staple in our house for sure. TY Heather!!!!
Thank you for this recipe, we had this last night for dinner, only used 1/2 a cup of the honey but we loved it and I will make this again!