Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Greek sauce for meat dishes, salads
- 2 cucumbers, peeled seeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Place quartered cucumbers in a small colander and sprinkle evenly with salt. Allow to drain for 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels and chop coarsely in food processor. Drain cucumber in colander for an additional 30 minutes.
- place cucumber back in food processor with garlic, lime juice, yoghurt and vinegar, blend well. Add vinegar and salt to taste. Pour in olive oil and blend until ingredients are well mixed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.