Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Gauranteed to be eaten by even the pickiest of children! For a real colorful meal, use the multi-colored goldfish they have now. Looks like the chicken is coated in confetti! Taken from BH&G.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar goldfish crackers, like Pepperidge Farm Goldfish (or pretzels)
- 2⁄3 cup ranch salad dressing (or honey Dijon mustard)
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish place the crushed crackers or pretzels.
- In another shallow dish place the ranch dressing or mustard.
- Dip chicken tenderloins into the dressing or mustard, allowing excess to drip off; dip into cracker crumbs or crushed pretzels to coat.
- Arrange chicken in prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degree F).
- Serve with additional ranch dressing or mustard.
These really weren't that great. Fun idea, probably would appeal more to kids. The color is pretty orange, so I could see that being fun for children. The flavor was bland, and the texture was soggy. Won't make again.
I loved this. I didn't have goldfish crackers so I used plain bread crumbs. They didn't get crunchy but that was probably because I didn't get enough of the ranch off.
These are really tasty. We mixed a little dijon in with the ranch dressing just for fun. The goldfish didn't really crisp up as much as we would have like but they were so darn tasty that they deserve 5 stars. (My husband made these, though, so I'm not sure if he allowed the excess dressing to drip off before dipping in the crackers.) Next time , I think I'd put them under the broiler for the last few minutes to crisp up more. Thank you.