Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These tasty little appetizers are small in size but big on flavor. The recipe is from Matthew Kadey, "Muffin Tin Mania".
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded fine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chiles, in abodo sauce minced
- 24 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, green onion, tomato, red bell pepper, apple cider vinegar, chipotle chili and salt and pepper to taste. With a pastry brush, lightly coat both sides of wonton wrappers with oil.
- Press each into the wells of 24 mini muffin cups, making sure the bottoms lie as flat as possible. Place a small amount of mozzarella cheese in each cup. Top with chicken mixture and then cheddar cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until wonton wrappers are golden and crisp.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, lime juice, and lime zest. Serve alongside chicken cups.