Recipe by Bec
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites. This is a "distinctive dish for a company meal!"
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup buttered fine breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw spinach, put it in a wire strainer or collander and let it drain thoroughly.
- In the meantime, combine in a bowl the beaten eggs, cottage cheese, flour, yogurt and cheese.
- Stir the spinach into this cheese mixture and spoon mixture into a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with crumbs.
- In a 350 degree oven, bake for 45 minutes.