Recipe by Linorama
One of those great quick recipes to have on hand, and talk about delicious!
Top Review by julimac
I quickly assembled this with help from my 4 y/o. We served it as dinner on this 100 degree day with some sourdough bread to soak up the juices. MMMM! I topped mine with some shaved parmesan but it is yummy just as is. (I probably glug, glugged the vinegar as we love sour around here:)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & coarsley chopped (not marinated)
- 4 green onions, trimmed & chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed under hot running water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried Mediterranean oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the flavors to mingle. Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce, along with a warm pita or pita chips.
- NOTE: Due to not caring for much vinegar taste, I increase the oil to 3 Tbsp, and decrease the vinegar to 1 Tbsp and find that to be a perfect blend for us. You do what you like.