Recipe by HELEN PEAGRAM_409512891
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Top Review by Amy Bradley
Oh, sooooooooooooo delicious!! Very simple to make . . I always substitute fresh minced garlic (the kind that comes in the jar that you keep in the fridge) for whenever whole cloves are called for. 1/2 tsp. minced = 1 clove. I will definitely make these again!
- 1 whole head of garlic
- vegetable oil cooking spray (as needed)
- 6 small sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove outer covering from garlic but don't separate the cloves.
- Wrap garlic in aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
- Place garlic and sweet potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-1/4 hours.
- Separate garlic cloves; squeeze to extract 2 teaspoons pulp.
- Slice skin away from top of each potato and scoop out the pulp leaving the shells intact.
- Mash potato pulp with garlic, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells.
- Bake 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until heated.