Recipe by Jeannette 108
Sausage crumbles made of TVP. Great for breakfast or on pizza. I just ate some mixed with grits and nutritional yeast. Yum!
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together the first nine ingredients. Bring water to a boil and pour over mixture.
- Pour in the textured soy protein, mix with a fork, and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Taste to see if more seasonings need to be added.
- Put oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mixture, and fry until well browned. (you may need to add extra oil if the pan becomes too dry).