Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A taste of summer is in air and campfire memories of long ago remind me of those delicious picnic packets that make supper special. This presto pesto Italian inspired recipe is filled with lots of fresh ingredients and makes clean-up so easy.
- 1 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup corn niblets, well drained
- 1 cup fresh carrot, thin sliced
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 4 basil sprigs
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut four 18x12 inch sheets of aluminum foil. Mix sausage with goat cheese; with lightly floured hands, shape mixture into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place 1 patty on center of each foil sheet. Top each with 1 Tablespoon marinara sauce; sprinkle 1 Tablespoons bacon bits over each.
- In a large bowl, combine diced potatoes with onions, green peppers, red peppers, corn, carrots, and basil pesto; spoon about 3/4 cup over each sausage.
- Fold foil over patties and vegetables. Seal edges at top, making tight 1/2 inch fold; fold again. Repeat folding of sides. Allow space on sides for circulations and expansion. Place packets on two 11x17 inch baking pans.
- Bake 25 minutes in preheated 450 degree oven or until turkey patties are cooked and vegetables are tender as desired. Place packets on plates. Drizzle each with 1 Tablespoon marinara sauce and garnish with a basil sprig. If desired, just like an Italian restaurant, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese to taste.
This recipe is simple to use on a grill or in a campfire as it is difficult to burn and yields a juicy tasty dish.
Wow! Tastes sooo good, I highly recommend to all turkey lovers.