Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The idea for this recipe came from the Pampered Chef catalog, they had a banana carmel ravioli. I don't care for banana's in anyother way than the way they grow on trees but thought it would be tasty using pecans instead for a turtle ravioli. Here's what I came up with.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with vegetable oil.
- Cut caramels in half.
- Unroll one package of dough onto bottom of pan, gently shaping to form a rectangle. (Do not stretch. Dough will not cover entire bottom of pan.).
- Arrange small piles of pecans (approx 1/2-1 tsp each 'pile') over dough in four rows of six each, spacing 3/4 inches (2 cm) apart.
- Top pecan piles slice with two caramel halves.
- Unroll remaining dough directly over filling, matching edges and shaping to fit.
- Press firmly around filling to seal; pinch together any tears.
- Using Pastry Cutter fitted with fluted wheel, trim and discard edges of dough; cut into 24 ravioli.
- Using Mini-Serving Spatula, separate ravioli over pan.
- Bake 10–12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove ravioli to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 2 minutes.
- Place on serving plates; Add sugar to Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over ravioli.
- drizzle with sauce.