Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not only are these cookies delicious, they're so cute! I got the recipe from my grandmother, who's been making them for years. We usually double the recipe, because they disappear quickly!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- pecan halves
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and brown sugar; add egg yolk.
- Blend in vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and blend.
- Arrange pecans in groups of 3 on greased cookie sheet (1 for the head and 2 for the flippers).
- Mold dough into balls and dip bottoms in unbeaten egg white.
- Place on the pecans as the turtle body.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Frost with chocolate frosting (your favorite recipe or canned).
These were a hit at the party I took them to!! They are so cute everyone had to take one, they were also a great treat! thanks for sharing.