- 4 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green chili peppers, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes in their skins until just cooked but still firm. Plunge into cold water and peel.
- Cut into 1in cubes and put in bowl. Sprinkle with salt and turmeric and toss lightly to coat.
- Heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes. Sprinkle over chilies and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Stir, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and continue frying until potatoes are lightly browned.