Recipe by COSMOCHEF
This is a very nice summer meal which is served cold. We use olive oil and lots of garlic, and this makes the green beans soooo tasty.... you can also add thinly sliced carrots or tomato puree in it. Also in the same way you can cook peas,zucchini(dills go very well with zucchini) or any vegetable you like.
Top Review by Andtototoo!
When I first made this recipe, I didn't really like it. But I let it sit out at room temperature and the garlic got into the green beans after a couple of hours, and I ate it at room temperature and boy was it good! I don't think that I would like it warmed up. This is nice on a hot day.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoes (optional)
- 7 -8 garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and trim the beans.
- Put the olive oil in the sauce pan and saute the onions and garlics.
- Add the green beans, washed whole tomato, 1 cup water and salt& pepper.
- Close the lid and let it simmer until there is a little water is left and the beans get soft.
- When it is cooked remove the tomatoe.
- Serve it cold preferably, but it is also good when it is warm.