Recipe by JustJanS
I've made this a few times now, it's quick, and better than take-aways. Be sure to use the lemon, it really adds to the dish.
Top Review by I'mPat
My only adjustment was to use 2 1/2 small turkish bread loafs between 3 of us but otherwise followed through and we all thoroughly enjoyed and a style of pizza we had never eaten before. Thank you JustJanS, made for Ausie/Kiwi forum Recipe Swap #64 May 2012.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 350 g ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 loaf Turkish bread
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large tomatoes, seeds removed,diced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the coriander, cumin and mince.
- Increase the heat and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until the meat has browned.
- Add the nuts and salt and pepper and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring.
- Place the bread on the baking sheet and spread with the tomato paste.
- Sprinkle over half the feta, then the mince.
- Sprinkle with the remaining feta.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Top with tomato and parsley, then cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the top.