Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can be prepared in advance and kept in fridge. Can be served on its own as well!
- 1 kg eggplant
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 large green bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 5 large tomatoes, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel eggplants, leaving some skin on, and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan.
- Add eggplant, onion, pepper and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve over Turkish Pilav.