Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can be prepared in advance and kept in fridge. Can be served on its own as well!
Make and share this Turkish Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg eggplant
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 large green bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 5 large tomatoes, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel eggplants, leaving some skin on, and cut into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan.
- Add eggplant, onion, pepper and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve over Turkish Pilav.