Turkish Beef Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You can prepare it in advance and heat before serving!
- Ready In:
- 1 kg lean beef, cut in 2 cm cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add onion and saute until soft.
- Remove seeds and rib of pepper, chop, add to saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beef cubes and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces, add to suacepan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and thyme.
- Season with salt and simmer for about half an hour.
- Serve with cooked rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really didn't expect much when I made this recipe but was I ever wrong! It's deceptively and delightfully simple and somehow incredibly tender and flavorful. I had no idea Turkish and Midwestern cooking had so much in common. This could be a simple homemade dinner in central Illinois. I served this over brown rice and the only changes I made were to use less oil and to simmer it closer to an hour. Fabulous.Reply