Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Searching for ways to use leftovers, I came across this little gem. This would be good wrapped in tortillas, with chips, or over rice!. Adapted from RazzleDazzel Recipes.
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, combine cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, allspice and orange rind, whisking to blend. Stir in cubed turkey. Heat and put in a serving dish.
- Serves 6.
I made homemade cranberry sauce (similar to V's Homemade Cranberry Sauce), so wanted to try this with chicken, no extra orange (was in the cran. sauce) or allspice. I added some leftover cooked ground turkey and this is so quick, just warm it and eat. The adults all liked it, the kids didn't. Would definitely make again after Thanksgiving!
This odd little dish received a rating of 5+ from the family.