Emily Elizabeth's Note:
I merged my old gravy recipe (before going gluten-free) and the Lazy Man's Gravy (Gluten Free) to get this one. This is what I plan to use from now on. Though it does congeal in the fridge, it is not completely solid so you can still stir it up and spoon it over your plate before heating it up. You can make this with chicken stock too. TIP: Save leftover turkey bones in the freezer and make turkey stock from them at any time by boiling them in water. I am guessing on the times since I have not timed myself making this, but the gravy should definitely not be left unattended, so it is pretty much all active work time in that sense. I would say that it takes 10-20 minutes depending on how quickly you get your butter to melt, your gravy to boil and your salt and pepper just right.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat skillet over medium to low heat. Add butter and let melt completely. Then add cornstarch and flour and stir into the butter with a wire whisk making a thick paste (make sure all flour is absorbed in the butter).
- 2Add turkey stock and quickly whisk it into the flour paste so that there are little to no visible lumps.
- 3Add cooked and finely diced giblets (I prefer about 1 tbsp, but you can add as much or as little as you like) and continue to stir until the gravy bubbles and thickens (To cook the giblets, I like to boil them in water with the turkey neck, or other leftover bones from the turkey so that I get my turkey stock at the same time).
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Best served immediately, but you can keep warm until it is ready to serve, just be sure to stir often.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Gravy W/Giblets (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 42.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: