Recipe by Manami
Yesterday I had these and they tasted wonderful! When I ordered, I had my nose pressed against the window, watching, and asking her all kinds of questions about what she was making. Therefore, this is what I came up with.
- 4 slices bacon, each cut crosswise in half
- 2 cups light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 soft lavash bread or 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 cups loosely packed watercress
- 1 pickling cucumber, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb deli-sliced reduced-sodium smoked turkey breast
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (or guacamole)
- 1 lb lorraine swiss cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium-low heat until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and curry powder.
- Place lavash flat on clean surface; spread evenly with curry mayonnaise.
- Top lavash with watercress, cucumber, turkey, cheese, avocado, and bacon, overlapping to fit if necessary.
- Tightly roll each lavash with filling.
- With serrated knife, cut each lavash sandwich diagonally in half.
- Wrap each half tightly with plastic wrap.