Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made these delicious roll-ups for lunch today, and I really enjoyed them! They're healthy, hearty, and yummy! From Prevention.com (I used sun-dried tomatoes not jarred in oil and regular deli turkey, and I still thought these were fantastic!) I also think they could be served as appetizers.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked whole wheat couscous, chilled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, minced (jarred in extra virgin olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped scallions
- 3 slices deli peppered turkey breast, thick slices (3/4 oz each)
- In medium bowl, mix together couscous, lemon juice, tomatoes, celery, and scallions.
- Fill center of each turkey slice with mixture, roll up, and enjoy.
Yum. As it so happens I have leftover cooked whole wheat couscous and have been looking for things to do with it. I used leeks instead of scallions, and because I am not a fan of celery I subbed out shredded carrot. My sundried tomatoes were still dried so I reconstituted them in some boiling water. I used little slices of turkey that they sell in packages so I needed a bunch more then 3 slices. (I also tried ham but I much prefered the turkey.) Good lunch. I think I would like some other flavors mixed in so now I'm thinking about what those could be. Olives? Hum.... Thanks for another good one!