Top Review by mama smurf
Made as written with leftover turkey and homemade turkey broth from Thanksgiving. What a tasty and delicious dish. I did add some chives to the mashed potatoes which added some flavor but also made them look quite pretty. One to make again and again. Made in Memory of Pammyowl Cook-a-thon.
- 2 cups turkey stock, homemade, with onions, celery, carrots, turkey bones, water a bay leaf, peppercorns, etc
- 1 lb turkey, cooked and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 2 tablespoons butter, soft
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 cups potatoes, mashed (leftover)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the fresh carrots,onion, celery and mushrooms until tender in a large pot.
- Blend the soft butter and the 2 T. flour into a paste.
- Pour the stock into the pot with the veggies. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the flour/butter past, stirring constantly.
- When the mixture is the thickness you want, put in the peas and turkey.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish, pour in the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Now, if your leftover mashed potatoes are too stiff, add some milk and an egg to loosen them a bit. Spread over the turkey covering completely. I like to add chives to the potatoes for an extra flavor.
- Bake for 35 mn.