Recipe by BJW
This was our first try at brining a turkey. After searching the web this is the brine we decided we would do to keep the turkey tasting like turkey.We smoked our bird for 6 hours after rinsing well and it was fabulous.
Directions See How It's Made
- For a 12 lb turkey --
- Mix all ingredients and stir till salt and sugar are disolved.
- Wash off the turkey with cold water and pat dry.
- Soak in a plastic container overnight or as long as you can. We soaked about 10 hours.
- Put a plate on top of turkey to keep it covered in brine.
- Next morning rinse turkey real well.
- Cook on your smoker as per manufacturer instructions.
- (We smoked our 12 lb turkey for 5 and 1/2 hours after the temperature reached 220°F).
- (We used mesquite wood chuncks).