Recipe by EmmyG37
I had a few different ingredients lying around and decided to try this recipe. Came out pretty well. Would be fun to make this on the grill too! Substitute tofu bacon to make this completely vegetarian.
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- 1⁄2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 leaf lettuce, torn to burger-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- 1 veggie burger
- 2 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon over medium heat in skillet until cooked to your liking.
- Slice bun and add mayonnaise and mustard (optional).
- Lay lettuce and tomato on top of bottom bun.
- Cook veggie burger according to manufacturer's directions (I use the microwave).
- Lay cheese on top of veggie burger and heat until slightly melted.
- Split bacon in half cross-wise and lay on top of veggie burger. Add to bottom bun and top with top bun. Enjoy :-).