Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very rich cake, but using a mix makes it that much easier. Everyone loves it when I make it.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate pudding (cook)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place milk in pan and whisk in pudding, cook until comes to a boil, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chips and butter until smooth and thick; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F; prepare 12 cup bundt pan.
- Mix cake, oil, sour cream, Irish cream, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Reserve 2 cups of batter. Pour remaining batter into pan; spoon pudding in a ring on top (DO NOT ALLOW PUDDING TO TOUCH THE SIDES!) spoon reserved batter on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (mine is done around 30 minutes, just make sure to keep an eye on it).
- You can frost, drizzle melted chocolate or just dust with powdered sugar.
Made it for a friends birthday, it was a huge success! It is a new staple in my recipe collection!
I can't say enough about this recipe. Because I was taking this to work, I substituted Irish Cream flavored coffee creamer for the Bailey's Irish Cream (figured my boss would appreciate that!), and it was perfect. Everyone said it was the best cake they'd ever eaten. This is a keeper.
WOW!!! So easy and the flavor is amazing. I would love to serve this to guests. I made two changes- water instead of Bailey's (I really hate Bailey's Irish Cream) and Butter Recipe chocolate because I had no devil's food. This is an excellent alternative to other recipes where the cake is essentially raw. The sour cream helps the cake part stay rather moist. I kept the time to 35 minutes and it came out perfect. Any longer and it would have been overdry.